Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Baby Boy Baby Shower

My good friend Farrah and my mom had a baby shower for me and baby boy last Thursday night.  We planned to have it at our church building and then found out the carpets were being replaced so we moved it to my parents house.  I got to make the invitations based on an idea that Farrah had found.  We just made them into photos and made for an inexpensive easy invitation.

Farrah did all the food - which was amazing.  She had strawberry and angel food cake kabobs with chocolate drizzled on them, blue chocolate dipped oreos, apples with caramel, cupcakes which a good friend of ours - Charity - decorated for us and a veggie tray done by another friend Shera.

Mom did all the decorating and games which is why it looked so darn cute!  And I made little Thank You favors for everybody.   

This is my friend Farrah.  One of the best friends I have ever had hands down! 

I quite surprised when I had over 35 people show up, mostly friends from the ward.  It is humbling and made me feel so happy to know I am surrounded by such an amazing support group. 




 One of the highlights of the shower was the Steelers blanket Grandma Carol made.  Dustin couldn't be more happy about that one!

And these adorable Sunday suits.  What in the world am I going to do with this boy?  So fun! 

A bunch of girls stuck around until about 10pm visiting and Farrah and I stayed at least another hour organizing the clothes by size and oogling for a second time all the fun blue things. :)  I have been so blessed.  It truly is amazing how many great people I have met in my life and how blessed I have been to have such incredible friends and family.  In less than 5 weeks, this boy is going to be welcomed into the world by so many who already love him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment