Sunday, March 16, 2014

Update on Ella

It feels like forever since I've done an update on the kids.  Hopefully I can just include all the excitement in regular posts so that I can remember all these fun times we are having and the new stages the kids are going through.

Ella has had some recent big adjustments though so I wanted to dedicate a post to her.  

Back in December, her best friend moved from right behind us to a new neighborhood and a new school.  It has been a good move for Ella and she has been a lot happier and been performing better at school.  It's crazy what an influence friends are on us.  

She did get her report card in January and had raised 2 Needs Improvement to Excellent and Superior and had straight "A"s.  That is the Ella we are used to. :)  She is a smartie pants and still hanging about average to above average in most things.  She brought home this paper the other day and I just love it.  It says:
If I were president of california I would make disneyland not so expensive.  I would change teh drinking fountains with water into strawberry milk.  I also would give

In January, we moved her to the basement.  She has been adjusting surprisingly well to going downstairs to sleep.  She LOVES her room during the day, especially when she has friends over.  They line her make up all over the basement sink, play CDs in her new CD player and just feel so big.

Ella's new BFF at school is a little Hispanic girl named Jennifer.  She has been a great friend to Ella and we are happy for this new friendship.  Their new obsession is My Little Pony so almost every day there is a drawing on the back of Ella's worksheets that looks like this.  Makes me smile.

A few days ago Ella came home from school and wrote a list of things she needed to do.  Wish my list looked like that. :)

We have been going to the library to check out books and every time she helps the girls on the computer.  She is a great big sister.  They are fortunate to have her!




No comments:

Post a Comment