Saturday, March 22, 2014

Girls Trip to Utah - MY WATER BREAKS!

For the past few months we have been planning a trip to Utah to relax, shop, eat and enjoy each others company.  I was not worried about the fact that I would be 36 weeks pregnant, but a little worried that I would be slow and hold everybody up.  We left Friday morning and headed straight for Salt Lake City to our favorite nail salon: T & T Nails.  When we got in the parking lot mom pulled out an envelope and said, this is from dad.  In a little note, Dad wished us a fun trip and there was $100 for each of us in there.  We all got super excited and started to think of the possibilities.  Guilt free shopping for the weekend!  YAY!  We had to take a selfie for dad - seriously made our trip!



After a super long wait, we finally got into the chairs for our pedicures.  Lisa ended up waiting longer than all of us so she ended up getting a pedicure AND manicure. :)  A perfect way to spend a weekend away from mom responsibilities!  Being pampered.











  

Mom treated us all to a deluxe pedicure where we even got to dip our feet in wax and because we waited so long they threw in a free nail art.  It was pretty perfect.  And sadly.. I am pretty sure this is the only picture of me pregnant.  So here I am - 36 weeks and 1 day.

Sadly, that's all the pictures I got of the whole trip.  We ended the night by shopping a little at TJ Maxx and Ross and having dinner at the Olive Garden where Kylie made us laugh our heads off!!

We stayed in a motel room together and I think I got the best of the sleeping arrangements by having the couch all to myself.  We shopped Gateway for a while on Saturday morning and then headed to Tai Pan and Ogden to Quilted Bear and Burlington Coat Factory.

While walking through Quilted Bear I suddenly felt a small gush that felt similar to having my water leak with Ella so I quickly grabbed my moms hand and told her I had to go to the bathroom.  She followed me and I explained what happened.  As the next few hours went on the small gushes continued until we finally decided it probably wouldn't be such a great idea to stop in Logan - just in case.

Dad, Dustin, Jeremy and the 6 girls all went to Downata Hot Springs on Saturday and had a great time.  I didn't want to worry Dustin so I didn't tell him anything was going on.  I, however started to panic quite a bit.  I wasn't ready for this yet and I just needed to get home to Dustin.  I just quietly cried and tried to listen to my body to see if I could feel any contractions.  There were a few small ones, but nothing too obvious.

Once I got home I took a shower and got cleaned up and told him what was going on.  He of course freaked out and told me to call the doctor.  It was about 10:30 and I hate calling the doctor after hours so I told him I'd just wait a little bit and see if it continued.  I bent down to talk to Ella on the bed and sure enough the gush was strong enough to wet all through my pants.  I decided to call the doctor. :)  Dr. Allphin was on call and he said, "There is an easy solution Jessica, go to the hospital - your water broke."  Ha!  Dustin really freaked out and started to throw things together and try to rush us out the door.   I called mom who just walked in the door to her house and she came right back to stay with my kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment