Tuesday, February 25, 2014

City Ball

The past 3 years Dustin has played on a City basketball league with some friends.  He enjoys the competition and loves basketball so it has worked just fine.  We love to go watch him play too on the nights when his game doesn't start at 8pm or later.  He is a good player so it makes it especially fun to cheer for our daddy.  

I sent Ella over to get a picture of him before his last game last night so we could blog about it, but I didn't know the post was going to be quite this exciting. :)

These kids love to run back and down the court and slide on their bellies and I just pray one of those crazy men doesn't go out of bounds and stomp on them.  So far it's worked out just fine.


However, last night as I was watching the kids run and trying desperatley to have them stop staring at the handicapped man who had just parked next to me in his wheelchair I hear people calling my name.  When I turned around the court was pretty empty and they were wiping the floor.  They said, "You need to take Dustin to the hospital.  He needs stitches in his face!"  I was blown away and quickly started to put together all the removed socks, shoes, coats, etc from the kids as well as Dustin's things.  Thankfully he had the blood contained before I saw him and he was applying pressure.  

We drove to the hospital where his brother Boone was just getting off in the ICU.  (SO grateful to have an experienced nurse for a brother in law!)  He checked Dustin out in the foyer and determined yes indeed he needed to be stitched up so we checked in.  Thankfully my parents were on their way home from Utah and were able to pick the girls up within about 15 minutes of arriving at the Emergency Room.

Poor Dust spent about the next hour getting numb and waiting for them to come stitch him.  Thankfully Boone was there to keep us company with his entertaining stories.


Super gross before picture that Boone convinced me to take.  Still makes me light headed to look at it.


All stitched up!  2 interior and 6 exterior stitches.  Poor boy had a  pretty black eye when he woke up this morning.  We will have to give some update pictures as it gets more impressive.  They warn me that Braithwaite boys are rough and tough and Boone's boy had to have stitches at 18 months.  SERIOUS!  I am not sure I can handle this.  If this boy ends up with stitches, I just sure hope his dad is home to help me out otherwise he may have to check us both in.  Either that or I need to pray for some tolerance for blood and guts or just a really calm little boy. :)


I got a call from him at work today and he says, "We made it into the championships so we have a game tomorrow night at 8.  Do you think it would be ok for me to play?"  I am glad he asked my opinion so I could give a big "N-O!"

No comments:

Post a Comment