Saturday, February 15, 2014

Happy Valentines Day!

We have fun celebrating Valentines again this year.  I always like to make sugar cookies the week of Valentines and this year was no exception.  We doubled the recipe so we could deliver to friends, visiting teaching sisters, achievement day girls and for preschool.  

We ended up with about 75 cookies.  :)

I don't think the kids were disappointed.

Molly woke up from her nap and thought she was dreaming in fantasy land.   She wasted no time sprinkling cookies with no sprinkles and eating a couple cookies. 

Then volunteered to start on dishes for me. 

We had the preschool Valentines party at our house.  Along with decorating sugar cookies, we played Valentine Bingo and pin the heart on the dinosaur. 


Ella typed her own cute Valentine up on the computer that said, "You are like SUGAR Valentine" and wanted to include a pixie stick.  However, mom didn't make it to the store to buy any candy so I thought we might could come up with something from things we already had.  Ella came up with the joke and matching papers and I came up with the Hi Chew.  She was so thrilled she hardly slept the night before in anticipation of handing them out and receiving Valentines from others.  I LOVED IT!



When the girls fell asleep I hung about 100 pink paper hearts in their rooms all over the walls and dressers and door.  They were excited to see them when they woke up.  We did Ella's hair in the shape of a heart.


And the girls got pink heart pancakes and strawberry milk for breakfast.  They couldn't have been more happy about that.  Especially considering I have been making them eat cereal most mornings lately. 



Ella came home with lots of loot from school and without hesitation gave it all to her sisters to munch.  She said she had enough at school.  Very kind of her and they wasted no time polishing it off.

I had the opportunity to attend the sealing of the Toussaints, which are friends from the ward.  They had their 3 little kids sealed to them and it was the best way to spend a Valentines Day I decided.  Remembering the eternal covenants we made to our sweetheart.  I sat there (swollen) and so grateful for my good husband that I get to be with forever.

When I got home he wanted to take all the girls out to dinner so he let them choose and of course they wanted to go to Dixie's Diner because that is where he takes them on their date nights with him.  They felt pretty special. 

He even ordered Alissa her favorite cheesecake to share with him. 

And the other 2 girls and I shared a chocolate milkshake.   

What a fun day!  Happy Valentines Day to my special little family.  Sure do love them!


No comments:

Post a Comment