Monday, February 17, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me!

I had a fun birthday week before turning 31!  I keep forgetting how old I am, good thing for my 8 year old who helps me remember.  

We got to have lunch at Hong Kong for dad's birthday on Wednesday with my parents, all my siblings and grandma and grandpa Bateman.  


Thursday school got cancelled due to -35 degree windchill.  So, my good friend Farrah took the kids to Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs 2 and then we met for lunch at Chilis.  


Friday my brothers were heading out of town so Dustin and I and the 2 girls got to meet my parents and 2 brothers at Johnny Carinos for lunch for my birthday. :)  Pretty spoiled!


Mom watched the girls for us that night while we went to a session at the temple.  I was swollen like a sausage by the end from the heat and sitting still that long.  Baby boy felt like he was scraping around on something in my lower stomach too which made me pretty uncomfortable.  In the last few months the temple has got 2 new movies so that always makes for an exciting session too.


Saturday morning Dustin jumped right out of bed when he heard me getting up and gave me a new Iphone and a card with 3 blank coupons.  He made me some blueberry pancakes and even put candles in them for me to blow out and sang Happy Birthday. 

 The kids refused to sing because they had a gift to give me on the Ipad which was a video clip of them singing to me.  They had also made Birthday cards the night before with aunt Heidi.


That afternoon I got to go with mom and Farrah to get a pedicure and buy a few new shirts from Downeast.  They are about the only shirts that cover the belly at this point and I don't want to buy maternity clothes this close to the end so I was happy to have a few new ones.


Our friends Mike and Farrah had hosted a party the night before and had a lot of extra food so they brought us some dinner and took Ella for a little ride on the sled behind the four wheeler.  

As they were gone I got a call that grandpa Bateman had fallen on his knees and an ambulance had to transport him to the hospital where they found he had torn both his quadricep tendons.  OUCH!  Mom had made dinner for my 2 sister in laws and sister since the guys were out of town and invited them over to eat and have cake but we had to do it without her since she needed to be with grandpa.  She was awfully nice to do that.

It was a fun day.  I do feel like I'm getting old it actually seems like I'm older than 31 which is probably because of the condition I am in this week being 31 weeks pregnant and all :)   However, I love life at 31 and am so happy to have these amazing people - family & friends to be with each day and an increased testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I have been so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment