Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Camping

My parents were kind enough to let us share their camp trailer for the weekend so we could go camping in this miserable cold weather.  We went up to Island Park with my parents, brother Jeremy & his family and my little sister Heidi and her friend/roomate, Jessica.    We met at Big Judds on Friday night for dinner and then to our camping spot.  It was cold and rainy but we attempted a fire. 






Saturday we went for a little four wheeler ride.  I got wet in the beginning by a mud puddle so it wasn't too exciting for me this time because I was freezing.  It was nice to have the new four wheeler bag on the back though that Dustin got for Christmas.  It made the ride much more comfortable. 





We went home for church on Saturday night and came back Sunday afternoon with about 20 pounds of hot, fall-off-the-bone ribs.  It was a delicious Sunday dinner.  I grabbed a book "The Message" by Lance Richardson on our way out the door and thought I would read it in my spare time camping.  Lance is the husband of a friend, Jozet Richardson who I had the opportunity to serve with in the Young Womens a year or so ago.  It was a very appopriate Memorial Day book.  It was really excellent and made me realize how fortunate we are to have the blessings of the gospel and a knowledge of life after death.  I hope I can be more in tune with the help my anscestors give me and have a more open and frequent communication with Heavenly Father and Heaven.  I want to act on the motivation it gave me to be better.


Monday we went for another ride and stopped to see all these caterpillars.  It was a much better and warmer ride than it was on Saturday.  We had a great time but as always, it was nice to come home.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment