Thursday, May 3, 2012

Color Me Rad

In the midst of hike planning I came accross this Color Me Rad 5K (more like fun run).  I talked Farrah and my little sister into coming with me.  Heidi invited a few of her friends too and Ella got to do it for free so I figured WHY NOT?  There were about 4000 ish people there.  Here we are pre-race in our white clothes.

We each got a color packet full of colored corn starch.  I bought an extra 6 packets to make the 3 miles more fun and I'm glad I did.  Ella had a great time throwing them on security guards, random people and herself. :)  We started getting messy before the race even started.




There were 4 "color stations" where the staff was standing and would throw tons of powder on you as you walked by and had those backpacks that hold round up or fertilizer for your grass full of colored liquid.  They would squirt you.  Ella didn't like getting wet so she avoided the other color stations, but I was all about getting messy.  The first color station had a big line we waited in.


Ella did awesome!  She stopped to pick dandilions and look over the small hill.  She walked and ran and skipped.  She had a good time.  There were suprisingly quite a few little kids and even babies in backpacks or strollers.

Here we are almost to the finish line.

Heidi and friends waited so we could cross the finish line together. :)

I ran and gave the camera to Dustin.  We are finishing the race.


Every 10 minutes as people came through the finish line they would gather and do a countdown to throw a color packet in the air.  This is a picture Dustin caught.  I thought it was pretty awesome.  We were in the midst of that colored powder.








Thankfully it all came off really easily.  Even our clothes came sparkly clean.  I would do it again in a heart beat.  It was so much fun!  I hope it was a good memory Ella will cherish.  She is my little buddy.  Sure grateful for good husbands who supported us while we had some silly fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment