Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Who would have thought I'd end up with 3 little girls? I did not. I always imaged being a mom to a bunch of crazy boys and then getting one girl who I would spoil rotten. Heavenly Father had a different plan for us though and I am so grateful for these beautiful sweet girls who call me Mom. They make life so exciting and motivate me to be better.

My little sister Heidi baby sat the girls for us on Saturday while we went and rode four wheelers and while we were away she helped them make me a mothers day gift. Ella pulled it out of her closet first thing Sunday morning along with some home made jewelry and it just made me cry. So sweet!


From school she brought me a poem on a bookmark:
Hats Off To Mother!
Mom, your job is never done,
I've often heard you say.
You're, always there to help me
In each and every way.
You have so many hats to wear,
I'd like to name a few.
This card's a special tribute-
With love from me to you.
My mother is a nurse,
She even cures the blues.
She fixes cuts and bruises
And helps me through the flu.
My mother is a chauffeur
Who drives me here and there.
She takes me where I need to go
in weather that's stormy or fair
My mom's the greatest chef
She cooks the world's best food.
I know sometimes she's tired
And not really in the mood.
My mom's a super detective
And no one does it greater
She finds my missing things
And gets the truth sooner or later.
My mother is the best
She cooks and cleans and sews.
She's always very busy
And always on the go.
My mother is an angel,
I know there is no other
I want to show my thanks to you
By saying, "I love you, Mother!"
-Chris Christensen

She was excited about the newspaper page she made about me. It says Jessica has been named "mother of the year" Under Pearls of Wisdom she wrote: My mom has told me to listen to the teacher. Under Classified Ads Job Title: Mother she wrote the following answers. Hours: Forever Duties: to keep us safe. rewards: I could help her. See Ella for an interview.

The name game
M airied
O utstanding
T ankful
H elpful
E ncredible
R ocks



So fun! I just love these kids.

Mother's Day was our fast Sunday and we have 9am church. Ella had written me another note to inform me she had a surprise for me at church. She sang with the primary kids 2 times and was excited to surprise me with the songs they learned.

When we got home Dustin excused me straight to my bed. I got to take a big long nap and woke up to find he had picked up the house. Couldn't ask for more. It is exactly what I wanted.

Then we got to go visit my momma and grandma. Sure do love them! My mother in law was in Boise so we didn't get to see her on Sunday. I am grateful for my mom and mother in law, grandmas and aunts, friends and neighbors who are all super examples of mothers to me.

As I get older I sure do appreciate my mom so much more. There are a lot of sacrifices moms have to make in order to raise these busy kids. I wish I would have appreciated her more while I was in the middle of it. Love you mom!

We had stake conference last week and sister Rosemary Wixom spoke on the broadcast. She mentioned this picture hanging on the Primary Board Room in Salt Lake and how neat it is that this mother is giving the thread from the sweater off her own back to knit her daughters. I love it and I love how intently the daughter is watching her mom. I know we are the source they look to for direction. I know it is a blessed calling to be a mom and am so grateful Heavenly Father would allow me these sweet spirits to make this life so joyful!

No comments:

Post a Comment