Saturday, March 31, 2012

Spring Break?

I must say it has not been a break, but it has been a fun week.
We started celebrating last Saturday when it was such a nice day outside we couldn't resist ordering a pizza and picnicking at the park for lunch. Dustin tried to sneak in a little bus nap in the sunshine. The girls had a great time burning some energy and soaking in some vitamin D!
That evening we headed to another park and met my brother to try to take some pictures of all the girls for my parent's wall.
Kourtney 14 months
Molly 20 months
Alissa 3
Kaitlynn 4
Ella 6
Kailey 7
The girls were impossible. This is about the most descent shot we got out of probably 50.
Monday we headed to the town to get groceries and run a few other errands including a stop at the public library so Ella could pick up another stock pile of books. We picked Dustin up from work and headed to Red Robin where my sister in law Lisa was celebrating her birthday.
Tuesday we hosted a baby shower at our house for Dustin's niece Ashley who is having a baby boy in June. So we spent the day preparing for our guests. Ella and Alissa have been hosting many tea parties at our coffee table or copy table as Ella calls it.
Wednesday morning we managed to sneak in some real fun. Ella has been asking me to make her a spy course like the girls from Barbie Charm School so we taped and wrapped string all over the bedroom so they could climb through like they were lasers. The rest of the day my mom and I spent doing each other's hair. We needed some spring time highlights. :)
Wednesday night Dustin's brother and family came into town from Nampa and brought 3 of their kids by to stay at our house. It's always fun to have cousins come from out of town. We just love them! Noah and Bekah were determined to help Ella learn to ride her bike. She did pretty well with the peer pressure and then caved. :)
Thursday we spent 3 1/2 hours at Leo's place with cousins and then the rest of the night at my house with 11 kids, 3 moms and my good Dustin. A few of Dustin's brothers went fishing for the weekend so most of my sister in laws were single this weekend.
Friday a few hours at Blast Off, dinner at Chuck A Rama and coloring Easter eggs at my house with thankfully only 6 kids.








Saturday we enjoyed a relaxing few hours of conference and then had all the kids and mamas back over to let the kids play and then attempted to take them all (YIKES) to the movies. I ended up leaving about 3/4 of the way through with Alissa and Molly because they were ready for bed and having a hard time sitting still.
Needless to say I am ready for the Sabbath - the day of rest! I am anxious to listen to another couple sessions of conference and soak in some motivation to get up and be better. We sure are blessed to have modern day prophets to helps us through this mortal life. So grateful for the gospel.. so grateful for my family.. so grateful for so many things!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how fast your kids are growing! Molly is such a big girl now. We miss you guys. Hopefully we will get to see you soon (by soon I mean within the next year... )

    ReplyDelete