Friday, March 23, 2012

Fingers

Last week I got a new toy.  I have been looking on and off for a year or so for a used treadmill and when I heard a neighbor was selling hers for $100 I was excited and jumped right on it.

Immediatly the kids wanted to play on it and so I turned it on the lowest setting and watched them sit and ride down to the bottom as long as I was there with them.  Dustin saw them doing it and warned me that it wasn't a good idea.  So Monday morning after using it I sat down to stretch next to it and again let the kids play on the first setting.  Within a few minute I hear Molly screaming at the bottom of the treadmill.  I jumped and pulled the key out, grabbed her little hand as it was going under the back of the track and pulled it out.  Here is what it looked like the 2nd day:
and the 3rd day.

So sad!  I was a bad mom.  I felt bad calling Dustin and telling him what happened especially after he had warned me that they shouldn't be on there.  I am grateful that some skinned fingers is all we got.  It could have been a lot worse.  Her little hand is healing well and she has been a real trooper through this whole thing.  Poor kid! 

No comments:

Post a Comment