Thursday, March 8, 2012

Beautiful You

,
My girls got invited to a "Princess Charm School" Birthday party and have been excited all week for the hour they finally got to get dressed up and go.  These are some of the funnest days!  I love watching them get all dressed up in their pretty dresses and shoes and prance around.  As I watched them today, the lyrics to a Strawberry Shortcake song came into my mind.  The song is called "Beautiful You".  I just hope that I can teach these beautiful girls how to live the meaning of this song.  "It's not about the way you look, it's about the things you do that make you beautiful you."

Beautiful You
"You are not your clothes.  You are not your hair.  You are not your dress, that your mother made you wear.  Rich or even poor I couldn't really care, you are simply beautiful you.  You could be a prince with the finest clothes, but it wouldn't make you any nicer, I suppose.  If you look down on us while turning up your nose you would not be beautiful you.  It's not how much you sparkle that makes you like a star, it's what's inside your heart that tells you who you are.  Clothes don't make the kid it's the other way around.  This is what I finally found. That it's not about the way you look it's about the  things you do, that make you beautiful you.  I am not my clothes and I am not my crown and I am not my rags cause in my heart I wear a gown.  So lets go out and play like we've never had a care about the things we think we're supposed to wear. Cause it's not the way you look it's the things you say and do that make you beautiful, that make you beautiful, that make you beautiful you." 











Aren't we so blessed!  I could never have wished on my lucky stars a dream this good.  These sweet girls are so precious and make life so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment