Thursday, March 8, 2012

Happy Days

It seems like I have read a lot of articles lately that have hit home to me about being a mom to young kids.  I have realized my feelings of inadequacy and desperation are normal.  There are days that I swear I have wiped up way too many milk messes, changed way too many poopy messes, gave way too many time outs and bedtime doesn't come soon enough.  Then bedtime comes and I lay there in bed feeling guilty for not being a better mom and commit tomorrow to try harder. 

Then there are days when the weather is warm enough for the kids to go outside and everybody gets along.  I have minimal messes to clean and I just want time to slow down.  I feel like I'm living and thinking normal again.  These are the days that pull me through.

I love these kids so much and am so grateful that I can stay at home with them and teach them and love them.   I know these days are physically demanding and often even emotionally demanding because I'm dealing with 3 girls and minimal sleep however I also know time is flying by quickly and I do know the Lord is on my side in this important work.







I am so glad I have a camera to capture all of these little moments in time so we can reminisce about the fun we had. It makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment