Friday, December 2, 2011

Thanksgiving and Black Friday

We had another fun Thanksgiving.  This year was spent at Dustin's brother Brian's house and I got to cook my 2nd ever turkey.  A 20 lb one this time.  He was HUGE!  However, my sister in law cooked a 27 lb turkey and another sis in law cooked a ham too.  That tells you how much we like to eat!  We had plenty of good food, tons of pie and lots of other good food.


Dustin has a Thanksgiving tradition of playing board games after eating and normally plays all night and into morning when he comes home at 4am for me to go black Friday shopping.  :)  This year black Friday shopping started at 10pm on Thanksgiving so he ended games early and they got together another night during the vacation to play.  It was very nice of him.



About 9:30pm my brother Cody, sister Heidi and mom and I all headed out to Walmart to score us some good deals.  We hit many other stores and didn't make it home until 6am!!  Thankfully my kids slept in until 9 that day and took a long nap.  Black Friday is so crazy!  I have so much crazy fun going with my siblings and mom.  We showed up right as Target was opening and tried to cram in line with all those who had been waiting there all evening.  I got seriously chewed out by some people and even shoved off the curb by one kind looking but very grumpy lady.  It makes me laugh.. what silly memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment