Monday, November 21, 2011

Vacation

A few weeks back Dustin made the mistake of saying, "Every day is a vacation for you."  I quickly stopped and asked, "Are you sure you want to say that?"  He was sure. 

So a few nights ago when Molly threw up on his parent carpet and needed cleaned and then I stayed up all night doing my best to catch the next batch of barf I reminded him about his comment.  I can see how he'd be confused can't you??



I mean, really... I'm not sure how many people would catagorize catching puke and disinfecting the house on no sleep a vacation.  Or wiping poo off the toilet bowl or vacuuming crumbs over and over or many of the things moms do on a regular basis.

So I got smart.  A few nights ago I got invited to a "girls night out". 
 I opted to go run errands instead and and allow my husband some vacation time. :)  he he..

Dinner, bath, bed, laundry.. I left it all to him.  As I giggled explaining the instructions he gave me a glare.  I asked, "What's wrong?  Are you upset that I'm going?"  He said, "No, just about how happy you are about leaving."  I said, "I just want to make it as real as possible for you."  I know, I'm mean.

I just want to let you know my husband apologized multiple times about his thoughtless comment that every day was a vacation for me.  I hope he always remembers this lesson learned.  He's a very smart man and a good man for that matter, but every now and again needs some teaching from his good ol' wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment