Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A word from OSHA

I wish I could say I posed her for this picture, but it's for real.  She was giving me a lecture on the fact that I was walking into the bike lane rather than the walking lane.  Check out that glare!

As we were driving down the road today we went through a small construction area where there were workers holding a stop and slow sign.  At the moment we were driving through after being signaled with a "slow" sign.  Ella quickly reminded me, "IT SAYS SLOW MOM!"  Yes, Ella I know what it says, I'm going about 10 miles an hour. 

We were in the McDonald's play place where you better believe she read all 4 rules before entering.  Alissa came out and got a chicken nugget and quickly returned with her nugget in hand to the play place.  Immediately Ella reprimands her with, "Rule #2 says..." and she read the rule exactly as it was written which said something to the fact that no food was allowed.   I guess this is why I'm much more lax on my parenting.. I have a handy helper by my side.

We have daily occurrences such as this.  Sometimes I love it and other times I wish I had a "chill pill" for her.  I honestly think it's a great trait for the first child to have.  She does a great job looking after the family.  At her recent parent teacher conference her teacher described her as "mother hen".  She says she is slow to get her work done because she is so concerned that everybody around her knows just what to do that she is so busy helping them before she even starts on her own.  I felt guilty.  I'm sure I ingrained that in her.  She is my right hand woman at home and helps me so much with a lot of things! 
Oh, good little OSHA!  We just love her.

I'm just glad she wasn't home for this episode..


No comments:

Post a Comment