Friday, December 23, 2011

Snow Angels & Stuff

We are so happy Ella and our dad get to be home with us for the next 10 days!  Ella and I made our little list of fun things we want to do while they are home.

We started on Thursday by making snow angels and I pulled the kids around on the sled.  We are happy to have some snow for Christmas and wouldn't be sad if we got a bunch more tomorrow.




I love these snow angels!!





Please excuse the snotty noses, we were having too much fun to run in and grab a kleenex.

My sister Heidi watched the kids for us last week while Dustin and I went to the temple.  They made me this beautiful handprint tree while I was gone.  I love it and will pull it out every Christmas!

Ella came home with this super cute Santa poem. Her handwriting is getting so nice.

Alissa did some Christmas shopping with me last week and we came upon Santa at Sam's Club.  He had no wait and it was only $.19 to print a picture.  She had no hesitations to sit on his lap just sat there licking her lips cause she felt a little nervous once she got there.  It was pretty darn cute.

We have delivered 24 neighbor gifts this year and mailed about 20 Christmas cards!

I was able to find 2 families in need of Secret Santa this Christmas and round up my family and extended family as a big service project.  Everybody chose an item off our list and bring it to me when they bought it.  We had a big wrapping party and got all the gifts wrapped.  We let the kids be involved in the wrapping too so they could soak in as much of the goodness as possible.  It has been a super wonderful experience for my immediate family.  As we have been delivering gifts and looking at Christmas lights I have had ample opportunity to talk to Ella about the true meaning of Christmas.  We talked about how this is exactly what Jesus would want for his birthday - Showing love and kindness to others.

As we sat next to the lit tree tonight reading our Christmas story Ella curled up in my lap and said, "I love you Mom.  I already have the best Christmas present and I didn't unwrap it.  It's you, Alissa, Molly and Dad."  Does Christmas get much better than that?  I couldn't ask for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment