Monday, December 12, 2011

A new perspective..

Last Sunday, December 4th our phone rang with news of Greg's death.  We were in shock.  Greg is only 26 years old.  He is the husband of Dustin's niece Julie and the father of 3 beautiful kids and 1 on the way.  He was the coach of the basketball team at Pocatello High school.  He had been working so hard to get through school to achieve this goal and had just recently achieved it. 

Greg had a headache and back ache throughout the past week.  The doctors thought he had a sinus infection and on Sunday he decided to stay home from church to rest.  When Julie came home from teaching Relief Society she found him unconscious.  He never awoke.

All week long I have had such a heavy heart and cannot help but put myself in the shoes of Julie.  She has been through so much in her life and now will be enduring a trial beyond comprehension for me.  Every day I look forward to the homecoming of my husband.  To help me feed the kids, to talk about the day, to do whatever.. just be with him.  I daily seek his approval and advice, I daily seek his love and compassion.  I cannot for a second imagine living without him.  As I thought about what I could do for Julie to help bear the burden I realize there is nothing that could compare to the life of my husband.  I don't want money, I don't want a vacation, I don't want the perfect house or perfect job... without having him by my side.

I hope and pray the Lord will help bear the burden of Greg's loss for her and the rest of the family.  I know that will be the only way to find solace.  I hope that I can remember my feelings this week and keep the perspective that we never know our day when the Lord will call us home.  I hope I can remember that there are many things that aren't worth being upset over.  People are way more important that any THING.  I am grateful that Julie and Greg can be an eternal family and that Dustin and I can be an eternal family with our sweet girls.  I will try to better live up to my temple covenants, to treat my family with more love and give time and energy to serving my Maker.

In loving memory of Greg Glenn.


Please pray for Julie and her little family.  Also, if you are interested in helping her family, you can make a donation at Wells Fargo or Pocatello Teachers Credit Union. 

No comments:

Post a Comment