Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Way too much fun!

I'll be honest, I've been pretty bummed for winter to come.  I love being able to send the kids outside to play and watch them run around and not worrying about them watching way too much TV because there is so much to do outside.  So I made a winter bucket list.. we'll see how it goes, but so far it's lifted my spirits.

Here are some of the things we have been doing.  The kids wrote a letter to Santa.  Well, Ella wrote 2 letters from Santa one for Alissa and one for herself.  Alissa's says Dear Santa, I want a toy giraffe.  If you ask Alissa what she wants for Christmas she says a baby doll and a white kitty.  I think that is because those are a few of her favorite toys she plays with.
Ella's says Dear Santa, I want a baby brother.  When she first told me this I said, "Well that would I mean I would have to have him."  She said, "NO!  Just leave the window open and the pelican can bring it."  If only it were that easy I'd give her a baby brother for Christmas...maybe.  Anyway, I guess she asked my mom if she would have him and suggested to me that maybe Mrs. Claus would have him so we could have a boy.  When we went to tithing settlement the Bishop asked if there was anything else she wanted and she said, "nope." 


The girls have had fun dressing up and playing outside in the tiny bit of snow we have.


I pulled them around the yard a few days ago.  They thought it was pretty cool.


Then I filled up a few bottles with water and food coloring and let them draw in the snow.  We did this a few years back with squirt bottles and colored our snow man.  It's always a hit with the kids.




Our good daddy took us for a little ride around our neighbor hood and out in the field behind the neighborhood.  We even got to walk on a train track.  The kids thought it was pretty neat and I was happy to be hanging out with the kids AND my cute hubby.
Before church the other day we took our own family photo.  The girls were all dressed in their festive dresses and their hair was curled.  I had to have a picture.  I love them so much!!
Believe it or not this was the first picture and everybody was looking.  I love it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment