Saturday, July 30, 2011

MOLLY TURNS 1!

Miss Molly turned 1 on Thursday!  It's so hard to believe.  The years feels like it blinked right by yet there were days that seemed like they were lasting a year alone.  I am a bit sad that she is not such a baby anymore however I think I'm more happy that she is becoming more independant.  Mostly because it has been hard with my babies being only 18 months apart.

So for Molly's birthday we loaded up and went to the zoo.  Ella got to bring along her cousin Kailey and we invited my friend Misty with her 2 kids.  We had a great time and I was all pumped to take pictures of her birthday day and I snapped my first picture at the zoo only to find I had forgot my memory card at home.  I am bummed.  After the zoo we went to the park and played and had a picnic.  It was a fun day.

That evening we had her open a few presents from her family and then she got to go on a dinner date with mom and dad while the other girls stayed with grandma.  We went to Stockman's with Dustin's work group and figured we'd take Molly with us since it was her birthday.  She was a wiggle worm all night, but I was glad she was with us.

Here is 1 lousy picture I took at the zoo using my cell phone. 

So tonight we had the party!! We invited family and some friends over and ate hamburgers, hot dogs and salads and played some games.

Molly did a little balancing act for us on the table.  Here is evidence she is starting to climb.


Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Molly,
Happy Birthday to you!


She loved her first cake and almost ate half of it by herself.


She wanted to share with mom and dad.




I set up little game booths around the back yard for the kids to play.  
Game #1  Freckle Frenzy

Each partner had 30 seconds to get as many freckles on their team mate as possible.  (The freckles were hole punch circles in a cup of water)  Super cute girls.

Game #2  Bean Bag Toss
Game #3  Ring Toss
Game #4  Dress Up Photo Booth

We had lots of fun dressing everybody up and taking pictures.   I think the boys even enjoyed it. 
Game #5  Balloon Pop
This crazy dart went straight into the balloon and got stuck without even popping it.


It was a fun evening.  I know Molly didn't even know what was going on, but we love her and are happy to have a summer birthday to celebrate.  We also went all out because "Host a Party" is on our bucket list.

So here are some things I need to remember about Molly's 1st year:

*She weighs about 23.5 lbs

*She says dada, mama, Ella, ta ta ta (cha cha cha), nigh nigh (night night), thanks 

*We call her Molls, Mollzie, Molly

*Makes elephant sound and dog sound

*Takes 10-15 steps before she decides to sit down or fall down

*Has 4 teeth - front 2 on top and bottom

*Is a SUPER eater.  She will eat almost anything and demands to eat.  She will grunt and whine when she is in her high chair until food is in front of her.

*She goes to bed and nap all by herself.  I lay her in the crib and she is out.

*She loves quiet instrumental music.  She goes to sleep to a Romance CD every night and loves it.

*Generally sleeps about 11-12 hours.  She comes to my bed about 6am and
snuggles with me, which I'm ok with.

*She will hum like she is singing, especially when you sing.

*She is a super great baby.  She is almost always content as long as she is fed, changed and not tired. 

*She is still a mamas girl, but a lot less since I stopped nursing her about 3 weeks ago.

*Reaches for her daddy as soon as he's home.  She is happy to see him.

We absolutley love this baby.  She is such a joy to have in our family.  She has such a cute little personality and is just fun.  She has beautiful blue eyes and we just love her cute bald head.  i can't get her to keep a bow on for anything so we just dress her in cute pink clothes.  Honestly we are so blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment