Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Alissa 2 1/2 Years

Alissa has been growing so much lately.  Not so much in size, but in personality.  She recently turned 2 1/2 so here are a few things I want to remember.

*She is only 25 lbs.  1 1/2 lbs ahead of her baby sister.  She still fits in 18 month clothes, but does wear mostly 2 T now.

*She is a little singer.  She loves the song I am a Child of God and always wants me to sing it to her when she goes to bed.  She repeats each line after me.  She sings a lot of other songs too like, I love to see the Temple or Scripture Power.  She will make up songs too to whatever she is thinking.  I love it, her little voice is so super cute.

*She knows the shapes: heart, star, square and circle.  She knows the colors: white, black, brown and blue.  I've been terrible at quizzing her.  She is so very smart though and talks so very well for her age.
*She is so friendly.  After a second you are her best friend and she will try to climb all over you like she's a little monkey.

*She is learning to say prayer all by herself and practices all day outloud.  I will admit it melts my heart.

*She is Miss Independent!  One of the most frequent things we hear her say is, "I can do it myself."  And she can.  She gets herself in and out of the car - (we buckle and unbuckle her) she gets herself dressed and undressed.  She loves to take showers by herself.  She pulls the stool out or just climbs when she needs something.  This has been a huge blessing though because she and Molly are so close together. 

*She still takes 1 nap in the day, but is pushing it later and later in the day.  I'm sure she would give it up if I would let her.  Generally she is the last asleep and the first awake though.  Ready for some fun.

*She is a picky eater and doesn't each much at all.  I swear Molly eats more in 1 meal than she does in 1 day.  She has a few things she eats well and the rest she just picks at.

Oh, I just love this kid.  She is such a bundle of energy and goes and goes all day long.  She loves to play with her big sister and is starting to learn how to play with kids better.  She is usually happy and even tempered.  She lives for fun and is a joy to have in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment