Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Will they survive?

I always thought I wanted to have lots of kids and a big family.  I said 5-8 kids would be just great.  So we had baby Ella and I decided 5-6 would have to be my limit, then Alissa and my number quickly cut off at 5, now Molly and I'm thinking... um, did I have too many kids? 

I know it sounds horrible and I would never trade any of my kids for anything in this whole wide world in fact I still do want to have more kids but there are days that I'm thinking, How will I do it?  If I have any more, will they survive?

Let me tell you what I mean.  Example #1  So the other night we are outside doing some yard work and Dustin says, keep an eye on Molly becuase I'm going in the house.  He comes back outside and sees her sitting there with a mouth full of dirt and says, "I told you to watch Molly!"  I reply, "I am watching her."  I knew full well she was eating dirt.  She likes dirt so I let her eat it sometimes when I'm busy doing something.  Isn't that terrible?  I don't think Ella ever even got dirt on her.  She wore white pants all the time!  Unfortunatley this picture was taken on another occasion where she got a handful and then mouthful of sand.  Gross.. but whatever, she likes it.

Example #2  Look at the picture of my not even 1 year old baby sucking down a sugary Capri Sun.  Do you know Ella's 1 yaer old cake was sugar free?  I remember calling up the WIC office to see how many servings of each food group she needed to be eating and how much was considered a serving.  Good mom right? 


Example #3  It was while we were sitting at the Manti temple taking a picture of my cute Alissa on the steps when I realized about 5 hours ago she had an accident in her underwear and I never put new ones on her.  Nice.  


Example #4  We went to the park the other day with a friend and she says, "Are Alissa's pants on backwards?"  My reply was, "yes."  Once again, I knew Alissa's pants were on backwards but felt thankful that day that she just had pants on.  No, they didn't even match her shirt but who cares, we were at the park getting dirty and having fun... right?

So.. based on my awesome parenting to 3 beautiful children, do you think I need to be done?

No comments:

Post a Comment