Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Putting on our Armor

A month or so ago as I was sitting through church I remember hearing somebody just casually say during a talk that we are in a war.  I have heard that phrase a bunch of times over but this time, thanks to the Spirit, it hit me like a ton of bricks.  I remembered a picture I had at home that I had intentions of framing and putting in the girls room and just haven't yet.  

We have struggled with a consistent time to read scriptures together.  Most of the time we just weren't doing it because it wasn't habit.  I decided I needed to be reading with the kids before they leave to school to arm them for whatever battle they would face against Satan that day.  I explained that to the girls and told them we needed to give them their shield and their helmets through prayer and scripture.  Somehow when we put it in that perspective it has become easier.  

Every day we sit down and read 5-10 verses as the girls eat breakfast and if I put it first we always make it to school on time.  I just love how the Lord blesses us like that.  I also can stand confident that I have helped arm them for the evil temptations that are lurking about all over the place.  I hope we can stay in this habit so my girls and boy can be strong.  

No comments:

Post a Comment