Monday, January 19, 2015

Alissa's 6th Birthday

My 2nd baby girl is 6!  I don't know how this happened.  Last I checked she looked like this.





.Oh my goodness I love this baby girl of mine.  She planned to have 5 of her friends come over to have a little party.  She drew me a cute little chart with the names of her friends and little pictures of what they were going to do.  Make crowns, soak feet, pin the tail on the donkey, eat cake and open presents.  Sounded good to me.  

Since her birthday was on Sunday she opened a few presents that morning and then we just hung out that day.  She had a few visits from grandparents and her cousin McKenzie was here from Boise so the girls played with her and it was pretty laid back day.  I bought her a tiny cake from Albertsons so she could have some sort of cake on her birthday.  Grandma Debbie took her birthday shopping and to lunch at Arctic Circle which was super fun for her.





Lincoln loves his sister.  She is the very best at making him giggle and she must taste good cause he always wants to kiss her face.

Here is her little friend party.  They got to soak their feet in little popcorn buckets and read the Friend magazine.  :)


While a few were soaking the others were putting jewels on their crowns and then we would switch as we finished painting their toe nails.  My sister Heidi and mom came over to help me get their nails painted and restrain Lincoln from playing in their buckets of water.



She requested a pink heart cake - easy enough.




I just love how excited they all get about watching her open their presents.  It was all they could do to hold back from helping her rip them all open.


Molly, Marie, Alora, Lia, Alissa, Ella & Kiya

Alissa is the most active of all the kids.  She doesn't normally prefer any electronic to playing with a friend or riding her bike.  I love that about her.  She is always busy doing something.

She is a huge momma's girl.  She hates when I leave and will chase me out of the driveway if I leave her home.  She wants to go where ever I am going and will do just about any chore I ask her in order to go with me.  I may use that to my advantage sometimes.

She is by far the most stubborn of all the kids.  When she wants to fight, she will fight.  Completely go limp, stop dead in her tracks, whatever it is she feels she needs to do to get her way.  I hope she can use that to her benefit through her life to stand strong for what is right.

She is shy.  When I went to her parent teacher conference and talked to her teacher she said she was so happy to hear Alissa loved school because she wasn't sure because of how quiet she is.  She often struggles going to Primary and you most certainly can't get her to go play at a few friends houses unless she is extremely comfortable with the family.  I am just grateful most days I don't have to fight her to go to school.  

She is so tiny and SO strong, coordinated and flexible.  She can sit completely in the splits, do an amazing cartwheel and back bend and can climb a rope in the blink of an eye.  She is only 39lbs and is only 3/4" taller than Molly at this point.

She is a smartie.  I am so impressed with how quickly things are sticking in Kindergarten.  Since she started school she is reading so many more words.  She counts by 2s, 5s, 10s.  She can spell all the main colors.



No comments:

Post a Comment