Thursday, January 15, 2015

Mommy

I found this post from March 2012 that I hadn't finished.  I has a lot to do with what I was actually thinking about writing today.

Getting kicked all night by the kids

Sleeping on the floor next to monkey just to get some sleep.

Kissing the poopy finger (without knowing it was poopy) after it just came out of the diaper

finding dried poopies in the closet

catching throw up in your hands

It makes me laugh a little bit because after 4 kids and 3 years since I was having those thoughts I almost don't even think about those things anymore.  It just comes natural to deal with all those sleepless nights and bodily fluids gone wrong.  I have learned to just roll with shoes on the wrong feet and somebody going commando after an accident.

I took my kids to a trampoline park today and was sitting there watching them jump while I tried to hold baby Lincoln back from jumping straight out of my arms.  I watched all smiling young mommies with their toddlers and had a flood of memories of life with 1 little toddler.  It always seemed like an overwhelming task to take care of one kid yet it was pure joy.  Just as it is today.  Just grateful Heavenly Father allowed me to ease into it.

Speaking of good mommies I remembered another thought I had this summer that I wanted to write when I had a second about a grandma I observed at the swimming pool with her grandkids.  She was in her swimming suit along with them jumping around in the toddler area with the small child and I just saw pure love in her eyes.  I also saw a grandpa riding a scooter with his grandson who was also riding a scooter at the park.  Both were clearly enjoying themselves.

I just had to have a little mental note to my old self to remember those times I witnessed and always, always remember that THAT is what matters.  Quality time spent, not money, not toys, just quality TIME.  Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment