Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Family Newsletter & Sunday Journal

One thing I did right in 2014 was keep good records.   One Sunday as I sat through a church meeting as they were talking about family history and I realized I may not be able to do research and family search like that right now but I can keep my own family history and teach my kids to do the same.  So along with the blog history I have had the kids sit down every Sunday and do a weekly journal along with a picture.  We started the beginning of June and I believe we only missed 1 week.  It is a treasure!!




Aside from that my sister came up with a brilliant idea to start a family newsletter with my parents and siblings to send to my grandma and grandpa who have permanently moved to Utah and developed Alzheimer's disease.  Each month Heidi and I take turns making the family newsletter which started in April and continued every month.  I finished us off in December.  This is what they are like though with a page for each family.


It makes me feel at ease that we are doing a great deal of family history work right here.  I am thankful for my family and for the gospel which unites us with common purpose.  

No comments:

Post a Comment