Sunday, July 6, 2014

Independence Day 2014

For the past 3 weeks we have been planning on riding in the parade on our stake's float.  When I went out to look at the float the person in charge casually mentioned how the designer had been praying about how to do this float and they had been working so hard on it.  As I was about to leave she mentioned that the designer girl wished they had signed up to ride on it.  I immediately told her she needed to allow them to ride on it we didn't need to.  I hadn't been praying about it or working on it we were just excited to go for the ride - 100% for the kids.  So they were thankful and I was a little relieved cause I was trying to figure out how I was going to keep Lincoln cool and fed in the 5 hours we would be on the float.  :)  

So we still went and cheered on the float and enjoyed the parade from some really good seats.  Dustin and I happened to score some shade for the whole parade and the kids had the curb. We took the Hansen's two kids with us cause Mike had to work and Farrah had surgery this week.  They were all really good kids. 

We did a little face painting before we left. 








I always tear up seeing men in uniform and hearing patriotic music.  So thankful for all those who sacrifice to keep our country free.  Especially my brother in law and nephew.  Molly giving him high five. 

After the parade we went to Peterson park to take pictures of Devin & Johnna's family.  All their kids were here and together for the first time in about 2 years.  I was thankful I was able to take their picture.  

I sure love this family! 

After taking pictures we went to my parents for a BBQ and water party for the kids.  Here are our two new baby boys celebrating their first July 4th. :)  They look pretty happy. 

Cute cousins. 

Then because everybody was hot and tired we decided not to go down to the fireworks and just light a few off at home.   It made for a really long day!  I ended up taking a little nap in the car while they did fireworks cause I just couldn't stay awake another minute. :)   What a fun day to celebrate the birth of our country!

No comments:

Post a Comment