Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Bike Wash

I have seen these cute "bike wash" ideas all over pinterest and this year got ambitious and made one for an Achievement Day activity and for the neighborhood kids to play with later.  My dad was kind enough to donate the PVC to me and I purchased the fittings at the store.

The first day we had it out we had all kinds of people stopping to look.

And I dare say we had about 75 bikes ride through.  No kidding!!

We filled buckets of soapy water and put them to the side of the wash and filled a foam soap dispenser with soapy water and some bubble gum scent to be used as tire cleaner and the kids thought it was the greatest thing!  They had the option of cleaning their own bike or having the "cleaning crew" do it for them. 

We had way too many bosses and not enough workers on this day. :) 



By the end there was a small line down the sidewalk and kids going everywhere.

It was such a hit we had it out again and will probably continue to put it out for a few more hours in the next couple weeks for the neighbor kids to play.  I love where we live and I LOVE this warm weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment