Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Salmon River Trip 2014

We were super bummed about missing our family reunion last week we decided last minute to pack our things and head to the Salmon River this past Thursday.  We got there before dark so we immediately found a fishing spot for Dustin.  It's so beautiful up there!  I just love it!

And so do my kids.  Ella found me some pretty flowers.


Lincoln and I snuggled and tried to stay warm.  Kinda odd compared to the weather we have experienced lately. 

During the day it was SUPER HOT and this pretty much sums up how Lincoln felt about the trip.  It was too hard for him to catch a very good nap and we were all so hot it just pretty much because miserable for him and then for me because he was so fussy.

The other kids loved every second of it.  Mostly cause they got to hang with their cousins who were still up there.  We always have to switch kids around so they can ride in the same car.   


Four wheeler rides..


A deer standing right in our trail.  We always see loads of deer. 

Hanging out under a tree in the shade.  Dustin is desperately hoping this boy will LOVE camping and the outdoors as much as he does.  


The kids found a stream near our little parking spot.  We had to play in the water a little and cool off. 

Ella and Chris did a little drama for the camera so it looked like they were getting ready to jump in and swim. :)  I love it!


Baby blue eyes looking tired. 

The girls playing tea party at camp. 

Uncle Boone got a raft last year and took a few of them for a ride in it.  Sadly my kids thought it was pretty boring compared to riding in the tubes or small raft like last year.  I guess wet and bumpy = exciting.  I have to agree.  However, I'd love to go in this raft on some rapids!

While I was waiting for the clan to come back from floating I found this treasure in the family journal that is left up on the river.  It's a journal entry from August 2006 from Grandpa David.  It seriously made my day!  Sure do love and miss him.

After a long day on Saturday I finally concluded it was time to pack up and come home so we didn't have to leave too early on Sunday morning since Dustin was talking in church.  Thankfully Dustin didn't put up a fuss and we all packed up and headed for home.  Sure do love getting away though and LOVE this little family of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment