Friday, May 16, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

"The love of a true mother comes nearer to being like the love of God than any other kind of love."   Joseph F. Smith

I sure love my mom!  I always feel like there is no adequate gift to give my mom to express my love and gratitude for her so I end up researching a few weeks in advance and doing nothing for the actual day because I become overwhelmed and nothing seems to be right.  Pathetic I know.. maybe next year I will finally be on top of it.

My mom is just an amazing person.  So generous and giving.  Always trying to be there for everybody and does a darn good job at it.  I don't know what I would have done without her these past 2 months in particular.  She has been there for every call for help whether it be vacuuming my stairs, running errands for me in town or being a listening ear.  One day she even let me hang at her house for a change in scenery because I hadn't left home for so long and was driving myself crazy!

She is more than a mom to me.. she is a best friend that is for sure.

This year Heidi and I took mom to get a pedicure on Saturday.  It ended up being my mothers day gift as well so we relaxed and enjoyed ourselves.  Alissa begged to go with me she hates it when I leave her home (I think it's because everybody else plays on an electronic device and she gets bored) so she ended up coming with us - mostly thanks to grandma.

 

Then we met the rest of the family at Papa Kelseys for lunch.  Man, I love these guys.  My mom used to think she had failed as a mother as we were trying to figure out who we are and what we wanted our lives to be like.  You know, making all the mistakes we had to make before we finally learned.  I sure hope she has changed her mind because I know for sure the other 3 siblings in the picture with me are phenomenal people!  I am blessed to call them siblings.

I was impressed to see Dustin set his alarm clock for 8:30 so he could get up and make breakfast for us.  I was even more impressed that we needed an alarm for 8:30 on Sunday morning - grateful too.  I usually have at least one wake me up by 7.  :)


He apparently Googled stuffed french toast and made some cinnamon cream cheese stuffed french toast.  I love having some help in the kitchen.  And I didn't offer to do dishes either.  Well until I came home from church to find they were all still there.

Alissa came up with a brilliant idea that she wanted to make me a picture of a horse with a red rose in his mouth.  Not really sure where it came from but I had mom goggles on and thought it was beautiful.  I appreciated the thought and effort she put into it.  Isn't that all we really care about as moms.


Molly's idea was to make a bunny with Ariel on it but she couldn't do it herself or find the right person to help her so I just was happy again for the thought from her.

Ella gave me these beautiful flowers she had made at school with chores written on the Popsicle stick stem.  I can pull one and have her do something for me.  I love it!  There was another flower in there she had made at Achievement Days that says she think I'm awesome and she likes my cooking and crafts.  I love homemade gifts from my kiddos.




"Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling.  You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps.  It is not something to do if you can squeeze them time in.  It is what God gave you time for. "  Elder Neal L. Anderson

I made each of the kids pose for a picture with me before church.  They may get sick of so many pictures from me, but seriously I love having them as we look back over the years.  So grateful I have recorded our lives through photos and journaling.





I feel so very blessed to be the mom of 4 kids this year!  I saw a quote that says, "If you think my hands look full you should see my heart."  That is just how I feel.  My hands are so very full but without a doubt my heart is more full of love for these babies.  They are everything to me.  I love them and so grateful they chose me to be their mom.


After church we got to go hang out with our other favorite mom and grandma at Brian and Cindy's house.  Thankfully they invited her over for dinner so she didn't have to wait on anybody at her house which is what she ends up doing.  We love her!  She is an amazing example of motherhood.  She is a wise mom and an experienced mom and has taught me a lot of great lessons.



Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment