Friday, May 23, 2014

4 kids..

Wow this little dude has brought some true joy to our house.  I sure love having a new baby and let me just say 4 has not been bad at all.  It's actually easier than when we brought home 3.  I would imagine it's because Ella is turning 9 and Alissa is 5 and Molly is almost 4 which doesn't compare to having a baby with an 18 month old at home.  The biggest adjustment is just to a newborn.  Nursing all the time and getting up so much in the night.


He's a good baby.. I'm pretty sure he's getting spoiled with all my holding him.  Mostly in an attempt to guard him from his big sister Molly who is getting more comfortable with him as she realizes he isn't breaking.  :)  The most recent thing she has been doing is pinching his little cheeks.

I guess we like to dress him.  Here he is in his Hawaii shirt from Heidi and Kenny and his Monkey Halloween costume that he is already too long for.  (it was a hand me down)  We just had to see it on him before he completely out grew it though.  Such a cute baby.  The girls got a good laugh at seeing him as a monkey.

So during the day he sometimes catches a ride on the warm laundry up the stairs.  He quite enjoys it as you can see.





And he ALWAYS gets morning snuggles from each of his sisters.  They are no longer complete without them.  I am SO grateful everybody has been healthy because they get right up in his face and do ugga mugga as Molly calls it and rub noses. 

And Ella does her multiplication homework out loud next to him so he gets really smart and reads by him in the evening sometimes.  I think he likes it.


Yep, seems pretty content to me.


Then when we are about to go to sleep somebody sneaks in for one last visit.  He loves Alissa's voice.  I think he trusts her more than the others.  She doesn't really request to hold him that often but she is so good to just sit and talk to him in her tiny little voice and he loves it.  Molly's voice makes him squirm a bit. :)


We love this boy.  And I love these kids.  I am so thankful for the opportunity to be their mom.  The more I have thought about starting up hair again the more I feel like I may not ever start up again.  I truly miss the visits with my friends each week and having their kids come play with mine, but I don't miss the hustle bustle schedule.  We have been so relaxed and able to focus on more important things and it feels good.

I guess we will see.


1 comment: