Friday, June 28, 2013

Rigby Lake

We had mid 90 degree temperatures today so it was a perfect one to hit the lake.  Thankfully Rigby Lake is only about 20 minutes from the house and is one of my favorite summer hangouts.  We went with some friends from our ward.  Most of the time the friends Ella hangs out with are younger than her because that is the just the situation with most of our closest neighbors.  She is pretty good with it but I could tell that she had an amazing time today hanging out with older kids or kids her age.
 
I noticed she and Spencer immediately took off swimming toward the slide in the middle of the lake.  It surprised me quite a bit to watch her attempting this because it's pretty brave for her.  She climbed up on the dock and made it half way up the ladder before I saw her backing everybody down so she could get off.  However, after watching Spencer go down something sparked and she climbed up and went down two times before running over to share the good news with me.  I was proud of her for stretching herself.

 
 
I love their creative little minds. 
 
Sydney even caught a little fish with one of the bug nets we brought. 
 
Hadley is one of Alissa's best friends and she got to play with her all day so she was happy. 

 
And Molly and Austin are the same age and look how much bigger she is than him!   
 

 
They got in a little tiff and started throwing sand at each other.  I think it started with Molly stomping on his sand castle.  Little stinker!    
 
Lots of sunshine = a good nap and hopefully a good nights rest. 
 Looking forward to more fun times at Rigby Lake.


No comments:

Post a Comment