Monday, June 3, 2013

Ella's Baptism

I can't believe I didn't actually post these pictures until now.  I thought for sure I had already posted them.  We finally found Ella's baptism dress on a visit to Costco for $9.99!  I was so excited and told her if she would trade her other one for this one I would buy her jewelry and she was all in.  The dress was way better than the other one we had bought for $28 in my opinion.  So the whole outfit was less than $40 and super cute.  YAY!

That night we were so excited to have it all put together we decided to curl her hair and go take pictures.  She wanted to go down by the temple.



She acted like she had dreamed of this day cause she knew exactly how she wanted to pose and said, "get one of me like this" every couple of minutes.



Seriously, so thankful for this little girl.  How did she get to be 8?





Can't leave out the silly ones!


When the big day finally arrived her daddy was feeling pretty nervous that he had forgot to teach her something or remind her of something so he was quizzing her until I could tell she was feeling a little nervous herself.  About 10 minutes before we were supposed to head over to the church we were in the kitchen watching her hang from the swing set like monkey bars in her clean white dress.  Then a few minutes later she pushed her sisters over in the picnic table cause they had just done it to her.  Made me laugh to watch Dustin quickly turn his head and reassure himself it was going to be ok.  She really is prepared, but she is really only 8 too. :)  ha ha..

A few weeks ago during Family Night Ella explained this to Dustin.   A covenant is like a sheet of paper with the word covenant written on it.  If we do not keep our part of the promise, it's like tearing that paper.  The only way we can fix it is tape or glue and that is like Jesus.  We have to repent to fix our covenant.  I would say that is pretty good understanding for an 8 year old.  I was blown away by that simple and accurate description.  She said she learned it in Primary. 


All ready to go!




So many kids there to watch!


Ella with 2 of her best friends.    Mckenzie Lee & Brennady Jensen

As I sat at the end of the confirmation I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed as I saw so many of my friends there supporting and helping at this baptism.  (3 kids from our ward and 10 from the stake!)  I realized again that it takes many moms to raise 1 kid and they are my ward family for sure.  We all help each other out and live as an example to these kids so we can help them make covenants and return to Heavenly Father.

We had lunch at our house after the baptism with family and close friends.


Ella and great grandma & grandpa Wheeler.

Ella and Grandma Carol

Ella and grandma Debbie and grandpa Jeff

Ella and great grandma and grandpa Bateman.

Ella & aunt Heidi


A few people stuck around for a while and grandma Debbie brought a blow up slide so the kids played on that and BEGGED me until I let them all put on swim suits.  I was stingy and wouldn't give them towels though.  They had to share this little blanket and here they are gathered to yell, "we are cold, we need a towel!"  Made for a good picture pose. :)


Oh, we are so grateful for the spirit that we have felt as we have prepared and participated in this special day with Ella.  I think we have learned lots as her parents for sure!  We got asked to speak in sacrament on Sunday about baptism topics so this should be fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment