Thursday, June 6, 2013

Lemonade $.25

A few days ago the girls could hear the sound of a child's heaven on earth - the ice cream truck!  It was magically singing, "YOU NEED ICE CREAM!"  They came running (as always) and asked me for an ice cream.  This time I responded by asking, "How much are they?"  In the same sentence they said, "I don't know.  Can we have a lemonade stand?"
 
Mckenzie had 1/2 hour until she had to go home so I figured, why not?  They quickly pulled it together and sat out front yelling, "LEMONADE, $.25!"  They even served it up with a sliced lemon on the side.
 
Within the 1/2 hour they had sold enough for 3 ice creams and just in time for that dreamy van to come driving down our street.  We are so blessed to live in a good neighborhood with kind people.  The girls were jumping and yelling and waving their arms just in case they couldn't see them.

 
They each picked out a Popsicle for $1.00 and thankfully Molly was cool with me giving her one from the freezer than cost me $.10.  So much fun!  The ice cream truck passenger even came and purchased a cup of lemonade.


No comments:

Post a Comment