Sunday, January 8, 2012

Not just a good week.

Tuesday morning was back to the normal routine.  Ella went back to school, Dustin went back to work so I was up early.  I got my scripture reading in before the little girls woke up and even exercised.  As much as I love vacation, I am a routine girl.  I love routine!  I like to know what to expect, have a plan and stick to it as much as possible.  Maybe that's because I have little kids, or maybe I'm a control freak. ??

Anyway, right as I'm about to take a shower I get a phone call from Dustin that he has some excellent news.  For the past year and throughout this year he is on a "pay freeze" at work.  There were no raises issued and none will be issued this year.  It has been a real downer and played a real toll on Dustin's attitude of work.  The beginning of this year the company that he works for has revamped the benefits package as well as done some comparisons of pay throughout the country.  We were fortunate to fall in the catagory of getting a significant pay increase.  I recognize this is a blessing from the Lord for paying our tithing and recently helping others in need.  I am so very grateful for many reasons.   I am thankful for my good husband who goes to work each day and tries hard to be a good employee.  I am thankful to have a job in this economy and recognize this alone as a blessing.  I am grateful for the opportunity Dustin had to get a good education and for our parents for providing so much support to us and making this possible.
When Ella got home from school she handed me a letter.  As I read it I discovered she had been invited to participate in a G.A.T.E. program at her school with only a few students chosen at each grade level.  She was chosen due to academic achievement, classroom behavior and a few other reasons I cannot remember.  Anyway, I was thrilled!  We have been wanting to get Ella involved in something more challenging and stimulating and just expressed concern this past weekend.  We are so proud of her and so excited for this new experience she gets to have.

Back in September when Dustin and I took our mini vacation to Lagoon for our anniversary, Dustin's ipod came in contact with some water and we have not been able to turn it back on.  For whatever reason I was cleaning the drawer out that that ipod has been stored in and thought I would try to turn it on to double check before we get rid of it.  As I plugged it into the wall I saw a little flash and it works!  It's not 100%, but it's good enough that the kids will have an ipod to play with and can quit borrowing ours.

I joined a little "Health Challenge and Biggest Loser" contest that a girl in my ward is hosting and lost 4 pounds!  This always makes me happy.

All week I kept my gratitude journal and felt like I wanted to share my testimony on Sunday because I was so grateful for the blessings the Lord had poured upon us this week.  I sat in church today and fought the feeling until Ella expressed that she would like to say her testimony.  Up until today I have not wanted to just go up and whisper in her ear.  I wanted her to do it when she could do it on her own.  However she has never really wanted to go up until today.  She told me before we stood that she would need help but I felt like I needed to jump at the fact that she wanted to say her testimony at all, even if it was me whispering to her.  As a child I watched the kids bear their testimony and was always too scared to share mine.  I'm proud of her for being braver than her mom!  It was a proud moment for me.

It was not just a good week, it was a GREAT week!

No comments:

Post a Comment