Sunday, January 8, 2012

Journal Junction - What do you like to do outside?

This month, write about things you like to do outside. Do you like hiking in the woods or collecting shells on the beach? Do you enjoy reading under a tree or drawing chalk pictures on the sidewalk? Write about a new outdoor activity you would like to learn.

Recently I found I like to have a garden outside.  I like to plant a seed and watch it grow.  It makes me feel like I accomplished something great, especially when we get to enjoy the fruits.

I like going for bike rides or walks with the kids or as a family. 

I like going camping as a family and love the calm quietness that you can find in the mountains.

I love summer time when we can set up a swimming pool and let the kids play in the water or blow bubbles or draw with chalk.

I love going sledding, especially now that we have a four wheeler to pull us up the hill. :)

I tend to stay inside more than go outside.  I actually have to make a concious effort to go outside or encourage my kids to go outside and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment