Monday, January 30, 2012

Boy Crazy = Trouble

This girl is absolutely boy CRAZY!  I swear she was born that way because from the time she was in Sunbeams she was noticing the cute boys in her class.  I don't promote it.  In fact I tell her she can't have a boyfriend until she is in college and discourage any "friendly conversation" about boyfriends from family members. 

Last year for Christmas the only thing she wanted was boy barbies.  She got boy barbies and after watching her role play with them I made the boy barbies go on a permanent vacation to the garage sale box. 

A few weeks ago she came home from school and as we were sorting through her homework papers I noticed "I love Noell!" on the back of her paper with a heart.  I asked her about it and she made up a big fib about how she didn't write that.  Of course I knew better and she did soon confess.  I tried not to make a big deal of it though thinking if I don't make a big deal of this boy craziness then maybe the phase will die out. 

So yesterday I was having a nap after church again (I'm quickly learning that the Sunday naps are getting me in trouble) and I kept an ear open for the girls.  They were just playing in their room and getting along so I didn't stress it.  When I got up I was amazed at what I saw.  Ella had written GASTON (from Beauty and the Beast) all over her room.  She had written it on her shirt, Alissa's shirt, every drawer on her dresser, the DVD player, toy containers, the doll house, her bed, bedspread, Alissa's sheets, the rug... you name it.  It was red marker and THANK GOODNESS it was Crayola washable.  

**So I had taken pictures of this and without thinking too much deleted them from my Picasa Web Album which is what feeds my blog with pictures.  So sad!  Here is the only one I could recover.

I must admit I was really surprised that Ella would pull off a scheme like this.  Yes, she is only 6 and still a kid but she is a pretty mature minded kid.  Anyway.. if you have any advice to share for a mom of a boy crazy girl I'd love to hear it.  All I know is Dustin had better get a shotgun. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness Jessica! Sadly this brings back so many memories of my childhood. I can remember being in love with this kid down the street. I was only 5 and he was like 8 or 9. My mom had the same concerns for me. I think as I got older one of the biggest problems it caused is HEART BREAK. It seems that it is the girls that don't really pay much attention to boys that seem to have a million boyfriends. I never understood that. Its a good thing she has such a good daddy.

    ReplyDelete