Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Molly 18 months

Molly turns 18 months this month!  The times flies and I realize I've been terrible at documenting her milestones.  She is different than my other 18 months olds!  She is super content, pretty independent, but still snuggly. 

Here are her 18 month stats:
Weight 27.75 lbs (94%)
Height 33 inches (86%)
Head Circumference: 18.5 (70%)


A few things I want to remember:
**She LOVES her daddy.  She puts her little chin into her chest and bats her eyes at him.
She runs to him with wide open arms when he comes home from work.
She will cuddle up to him on the bed and take a nap.
She comes running whenever she hears him pour a bowl of cereal, open a bag of chips.
All of the above just wrap him right around her little tiny finger and he loves it!


**She is a really terrible sleeper, at least in her own bed.  I spoiled her by letting her sleep in my bed while she was getting her molars and now she wakes up constantly if she is not in bed with me.  As long as she is next to us, she sleeps just fine.  It's so sad because she was the best of all the kids to just lay down in her crib and go to sleep.  Occasionally she'll still do it, but not too often. 

**She takes only 1 nap a day now.  Usually for 2 - 2 1/2 hours but sometimes she even tries to skip out on that.  Little stink bug.

**She LOVES her big sisters.  She wants to be with them always and do what they are doing.  They got frustrated with her because she is still learning how to play with things and not be destructive with what they are playing with, but she'll learn.   She tries to copy cat everything they do.  I love this picture.  More than once I have found Molly sitting on the floor with her head drenched just letting Alissa spray her down and comb her hair.

The girls all dressed up and forgot to help Molly so she found a skate and felt it was sufficient to fit in.
It still makes me laugh to see her in this picture.

**She is an EATER!  She loves to eat and is not very picky.  She will eat almost anything you put in front of her and then grab whatever is left over on her tray as you are getting her out of her booster to continue eating.  Multiple times in the day you will see this:

The spoon can be found on the floor or next to her in the booster seat.


**Like a typical 18 month old she is into everything.  She opens drawers and pulls all their contents out.  If it's lotion or fingernail polish she opens it and pours it out too.  She also likes to lick everything.  Drives me a little crazy, but I don't stress it so much after experiencing it with 3 kids now.

**She says quite a few words now.
CHEE (cheese), bucky (blanky), binki, dink (drink), cup, coe (popcicle), hot, cold, bite, cupcake, teet (treat), baby, Ella (she calls Ella & Alissa this), mommy, mom, bu bye, nigh nigh, puppy, ya, no, ouch, mean, eyes, nose, potty, tub, please, sorry, ge gu (thank you), me me (excuse me) - that's all I can think of right now.

**She really hates nursery so far.  I think she likes the idea of going because she acts excited to go but just doesn't like the fact that we leave her there.  She has had a hard time the last few times with babysitters too.  Something about turning 18 months just makes them attached.

**She likes to dance, especially if her sisters are dancing too.  Generally she dances by bending her knees - bouncing up and down or shaking her bum back and forth.  She loves it when we sing Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam so she can jump on the "beam" part.  She thinks she has to be standing on the coffee table in order to do it though because that's where her sisters taught it to her.
**I dare say she is our baldest baby.  I have buzzed her head trying to make it look a little thicker, but not much is going on up there.  I recently bought some Nioxin conditioner (for hair growth) and we're going to try that.  I remember doing the same with Ella.  Until then we make her wear this wig in public.  he he just kidding!

**Some of her nicknames include:
Molls, Mollzie, Mu Du (from Ella), Moll

No comments:

Post a Comment