Sunday, January 8, 2012

An answered prayer

As we made room for all the new Christmas toys, this little guy got voted for the garage sale.  Before we say goodbye I want to make sure I record this little story about him.

About 3 years ago while shopping at the store Ella found this cute little alligator xylophone that she really wanted to buy.  It was $10 and she had enough money to buy it.  I remember telling her, "This is a lot of money for this little toy.  I really think if you wait, you can find 10 toys at a garage sale for your $10 instead of spending it all one this one toy."  She trusted me and agreed that she would wait.

The next weekend we went out shopping garage sales and lo and behold, the exact same alligator in perfect condition was being sold for $1.  I was so grateful and felt like it was Heavenly Father "backing" me up in what I was trying to teach my Ella that day.   Without a doubt the Lord watches over mommies and answers our prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment