Tuesday, August 23, 2011

LOVE THEM!

(I was playing boo with the girls while they were in the tub and they all 3 would growl at me when they would see me.  It's funny, they all learned that growling from their dad and uncles)

I just love these kids!  I could kiss their little faces all day long if they would let me.  This summer has been so insanely fun and busy that I haven't taken the time to write down some of their recent "stages".  So here is an update:

Ella - One of her favorite things to do is go in the closet next to her bookshelf and shut herself in there to read.  Most of the summer she refused to read out loud to me and recently she has given in and BLOWN me away with her ability to read.  She is amazing.. especially considering she is in 1st grade this year.  One of her favorite books to carry around and read from is Shel Silverstein "Where the Sidewalk Ends".  She can't read everything from the book, but most. 

Just a quick story I have been meaning to write down:  I got the EOB from the Insurance company for her tonsilectomy and made a comment that it costs lots of money to get your tonsils out.  Didn't dwell on it in the least, just made a small comment as I reviewed the paper.  She quickly replied, "Mom, I have $100 saved in my piggy bank.  I want to use it for getting my tonsils out."  I asked, "Wouldn't you like to use it on something like a scooter or something you could play with?"  She says, "No, I just want to pay for my tonsils so you and dad don't have to."  I was amazed.  She is such a sweetheart!  I probably should take her up on it to teach a principal, but I can't do it.  I just appreciated so much the gesture of this sweet kid.

She is getting really good at being independant.  She will get herself a drink or something to snack on most of the time now rather than asking me every time.  I guess she is learning from the expert in independance, Alissa.

Alissa is incredibly independant.  She loves to say, "I can do it myself!"  She gets herself dressed every day, brushes her own teeth, gets her own snacks, goes to the bathroom, etc..  She loves to do it herself.

She is pretty sassy, especially to Ella.  She will say, "I wasn't talking to you!  I am talking to mom."  I think it's hilarious.  Another thing she says that's funny is, "I've got fireworks in my pants" anytime she has the toots.  She's just like a big girl in a tiny body.  Sometimes I forget she is only 2.

She has learned all the basic colors (red, blue, green, yellow, pink, purple, brown, black, orange) and shapes (square, circle, triangle, heart, star).  She is such a smartie.  I need to be better about helping her learn more.  3 kids is no joke.. life is busy!!

Molly started walking about 3 weeks ago and cruises everywhere now.  She is so much happier in the last few weeks because she can follow the big girls around.  She climbs up and down the stairs, but I still leave the gate on so she doesn't fall.  She easily gets distracted.

She is starting to say a lot of words:  Peekaboo, Hi, Ella, Alissa, Mom, Dad, ah oh spaghettios, she barks for dog and knows to clap, wave, touch her nose and head

She loves to get into the drawer and cabinets and pull things out.  She opened a jar of peanut butter the other day and went to town on it.  She pulled a few Pyrex glass pans out and they shattered all over the floor.  She also thinks it's great to throw things over the stair gate and unwind the toilet paper roll.  Just like all the typical 1 year olds right?  It's a blast!

I just really can't imagine what I would do without these babies.  I love them so much more than I could have ever dreamed of.  They are my purpose right now and I just am so happy Heavenly Father allows me to be their mommy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment