Friday, August 26, 2011

Happy Late 9 year Anniversary!

Dustin and I had our 9th wedding anniversary on the 9th of August.  My niece was staying with us so she watched the kids while we went to dinner at the Olive Garden.  We didn't exchange cards, gifts or anything of the sort.  It was pretty much the most uneventful anniversary that I remember thus far.  It was pretty sad..

So, I told Dustin I wanted to go to Lagoon with just him and I to celebrate for real.  It just seems like since we have had kids it's so easy to overlook our marriage and go with the flow.  So my parents agreed to watch the kids over night for us last weekend and we headed to Utah.  We had dinner at Wingers and checked into a really small, eerie feeling motel that I booked through priceline.com for $50.  Next time Dustin can book the motel cause I'm not so good at it. 

Saturday morning we were at Lagoon before the park opened and enjoyed running on and off the roller coasters with no more than a 5 minute wait.  It was awesome!  We went over to the cliffhanger ride and sat in the middle and when I could feel my seat was wet I realized we were about to get really wet.  I should have checked out the ride a little better before we went on it.  It was like a fire hose turned on us.  We were drenched head to toe, hair dripping.. the works!  I don't mind getting a little wet, but I hated being soaked at the beginning of the day like that.  It took forever to dry off.

In fact, we rode the gondola over to the other side of the park to buy us some drying time and then rode the Ferris wheel to wring out the socks.

Gross, I know.   But it was better than walking around in sloshy shoes.

Then we decided to race some go carts.  I was winning until my competition (some mad man) smacked my tail end and spun me around, so I came in last.  It's ok, I can handle it.

So by about 2:00 we decided Lagoon just wasn't as fun as we remembered as kids.  We had ridden almost all the rides, it was hot and the lines had gotten long so we decided to bring our kids one day and leave.  We went to the movies in Layton and ate some dinner at the Cracker Barrel and headed home.  Boy, we're getting old.

For old times' sake I thought I would post some of our old pictures.  This is the night we got engaged.  It was in May and we had walked around the river where he had proposed.  This picture is at my house where one of my parents took a picture.


This was our Senior Commencement, sharing a cheese stick.  C'mon we were only 18.


I have no idea where this is, but Dustin carved our names in a tree.


Hiking Lower Palisades with some friends the Edwards.


These 2 pictures we went out with our wedding announcements.  A friend, Rob Nielsen took them for us.


It's crazy how quickly time flies.  I am grateful that I picked Dustin for my eternal companion.  He is a good man.  I have learned to love him more this past year than ever before too.  We have both grown a lot, but I have seen a huge growth in him.  He has really stepped it up with his responsibilities as a father and a husband.  I know it's a blessing from his calling to serve our ward as the elders quorum president.  I am thankful to have him by my side forever and ever.  He gives me a lot of strength to do the things I need to do.         I love you Dustin!

No comments:

Post a Comment