Sunday, April 27, 2014

Getting Out of the House - Fall Creek

For the past few weeks we have done a whole lot of playing with friends and VERY little leaving the house.  This little cutie was heading out to a friend outing in the rain.  She was very well prepared. :)

I took a few minutes to breath some fresh air and take a few pictures like I love to do every spring.  I have been so intrigued with these baby leaves this year starting to grow.  


And Ella's bleeding heart bush that is bloomed so beautifully. 


This tulip makes me think it's crying. 

Anyway, after writing the bucket list a few days ago here on the blog I got really anxious to get out and start making some memories!  Dustin watched me encourage the kids all morning on Saturday to get their chores done.  Molly and Alissa had their first tutorial on cleaning bathrooms. :)  I guess he decided we needed a break cause he said, "lets go somewhere!"  That's all it took before I had a picnic packed and the kids all revved up to go.

He drove us to Fall Creek to see the waterfall.  The kids loved it!   


Dustin decided he was going to teach the girls how to build a fire.  I think he may have taught them SOMETHING about building a fire, but certainly didn't have the attention span to learn how to build a fire.  :)  Good thing he is the Scoutmaster so he can play every month and teach boys how to build fires.


Molly was obsessed with the mud puddles (I can't blame her!) so good thing she wore rubber boots.  


Our good daddy.  Molly took this picture and I love it!  I saw this Superman hat in Target a while back and gave it to him for Easter.  I couldn't resist it.  He is our Superman!  The girls always ask him, "Dad will you show us how you can jump clear into the sky?"  They believe all things are possible with this daddy of theirs and they are.


His camping buddy in her skirt.  She seems like she is going to be our camper/hiker/fisher girl though.  She loved it and stayed by him most of the time.  Mostly talking. :)



Ella making some mud soup. 

Dad finally got the fire going in the rain and we roasted some hot dogs.  We always bring extra cause without fail a few get wasted.  Good thing hot dogs make kids so happy cause we think they are pretty gross. :)  I roasted a bunch of cheese sticks.


More playing in the mud.  Check out those feet. 

And hands...  ooops

Alissa still hanging with her dad. 

Just so we can know where Lincoln was.  He is in that black wrap snuggling with mama.  He stayed warm, dry and away from the smoke.  I think he pretty much loved every second of it until 3 hours hit and he realized his stomach was empty.  Then we hung out in the car for a while with the heater on. :) 

I just put a filter on this picture - look at those blue eyes.  I took this with my phone as she was staring in at me feeding Lincoln.  She is such a pretty girl!
So thankful for my little family and for good ol' Idaho that we can hop in the car and drive 30 minutes or so and be in the mountains alone together.  This is certainly one thing I have learned to love about my husband.  Spontaneous family outings.  I think everybody left happier and I certainly did - family time is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment