Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Day 13 - Coming Home!

Friday I stayed the entire day and night at the hospital minus a couple hours when I went to lunch and while Dustin stayed with Lincoln I ran home and grabbed a pillow and some clothes.  It made for a pretty long day.

The night was long.  Aside from laying on a futon I was nursing Lincoln or having a nurse peep in on us about every hour so I figured I had about 3 hours of broken sleep that night.  I couldn't wait for 10am to see what the doctors would conclude about our situation.  

Finally our time came for rounds and they went over Lincolns stats and said, "We're sending you home."  I felt this huge urge to cry and leap at the same time and just thanked all of the doctors and nurses in the room for all they had done to help my little boy get better.  

I had already packed our bags to leave so I wheeled Lincoln back into the nursery while I took all our stuff out to the car and then I found myself ripping his monitors off his chest.  I was just so ready to hit the road and have our little guy come home.

We found this on the garage door when we walked in.

Of course daddy was first to give him squeezes.

Then all the sister hype started.  Everybody had scrubbed their hands and were ready to hold their baby brother.

Ella & Alissa holding Lincoln for the first time.
 

Our first picture of all 4 babies!  Feeling so blessed every time I look at this picture.  Just hard to believe they are all mine!  How did I get 4 kids? :)




I think this is the first time Molly figured out her brother was real.  She kept commenting that he has hands and eyes and ears and just wanted to pinch his little cheekies.  


As I was leaving the hospital the nurse said I better not forget my milk they had in storage for me.  After the spilled milk I guess I got a little carried away with making sure my milk supply was sufficient for my baby boy in the NICU.  I was pumping about double what he was eating and ended up bringing home 22 bottles of milk.  Ha!  I felt blessed to have this situation rather than the opposite.


1 comment: