Sunday, July 29, 2012

Spider Bite

When we lived in our apartment the first year we were married we woke up a lot of mornings to find these creepy buggers crawling in our kitchen sink.  Dustin is freaked out by spiders so he would turn the sink on and hope they would never come back but I had to squish them first to be sure of it.

Apparently it is hobo spider mating season right now which means they are a bit more aggressive than normal.  Monday night I woke up scratching my leg.

Tuesday morning I woke up to this.  A really red, hard, hot and sore spot that looked like a spider bite.

By evening the hard, red, hot spot had spread to be this big.


By the next day it looked more like this.  I went visiting teaching that morning and got advice from good friends to go to the doctor.  The doctor put me on an antibiotic 4 times daily and drew this pretty line around the red part to make sure it didn't spread further after being on antibiotics.  When I started the antibiotic I also started Melaleuca Oil and the two together worked miracles.


It had gone down this much by the next day.


And almost all the red around it was gone by the following day.  However the sore started to look pretty bad.  So I started using Melaleua's Mela Gel and put a bandaid on it.  It looks much better now and I think it will heal up just fine.  It's been quite an experience though.  I don't know where I got bit.  I was in my in laws raspberry patch on Sunday night so possibly got bit while I was in there?? 



No comments:

Post a Comment