Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Girls Update


It has been a long while since I have done an update on the kids so I wanted to take a minute and write a little about their "stages".   I took their pictures down by the river the other day and thought this will be a good place to include them.

Ella is still Miss Priss in her pretty dress and painted fingernails.  She loves fluffy, lacey, makeup, butterflies, pink, high heels, and pretty much all thing girl.  However, I was feeling pretty proud the other day when I looked out and saw her in her dress, with a Belle dress up on top of that catching bugs in the grass.  I felt like I am raising a well rounded little girl. :)


She is getting way too good at throwing fits.  Better than the other girls HANDS DOWN!  I think I spoiled her way too rotten in her first few years of life because she just can't seem to figure out that throwing fits isn't getting her what she wants.  However she goes from pouting, bawling to laughing in a matter of seconds.  Doesn't that sounds a bit like PMS at 7?

She LOVES watching TV and I have to constantly remind her to turn it off.  She can watch it all day really easily and come out for drinks and food.  Her very favorite show is My Little Pony which she watches on Netflix so she always gets a new 20 minute episode.
She convinced me to cut her hair the other day.  In between each haircut she was sitting in my chair anxious for it to get cut off.  She had been asking me for a few weeks and I was really hesitant because this is the first summer her hair has actually been thick enough to look good long.  Oh well, it will grow back and she looks darn cute with it short and loves it too.
I have been trying to soak up having her home for summer.  She is a huge help with her younger sisters.  She was in charge of babysitting Molly the other day while I ran errands and dad was downstairs.  She did an excellent job!  She has become quite a tease too though.   They love her and I often hear her and Alissa saying to each other, "Best Sisters Forever!"  I love it!

Little Liss is still little.  She tells us she is tiny not little.  She is at least 1 pound lighter than Molly now and many people ask if I have twins.  If you watch them for longer than a few minutes it is obvious that they are not twins though.  She talks so well and is so much more coordinated than her sister right now.

I have been calling her Lou or Lissa Lou for a nickname lately.  If you ask her if she likes a certain nickname she will tell you she is ALISSA.  Not anything different.

She is still a little busy body and doesn't like to eat much.  She is not so much picky as she just would rather not eat.  She will sit up to the dinner table and just climb around her chair and talk and never take a bite until I stick one in her mouth.  It's crazy to me that she is as busy as she is with such little calories.  I guess she gets them in her strawberry milk which is still her #1 drink.

She is such an independant 3 year old.  She gets up in the night and goes potty by herself now, buckles herself in the carseat herself as well as opens the car door to get in or out.  She finds ways to crawl up the pantry to get the snack she wants and can open them herself.  She puts her plate in the sink when she is done eating without even being asked (most of the time).  Such a good girl!
She loves to play with the next door neighbor McKenzie Lee and calls her "my Kenzie".  She is starting to play on her own a little bit.  I will find her in the bedroom playing with ponies or barbies and imagining with them.  I especially love the sound she makes when her ponies cry.   It is super cute!

Molly has been doing a whole lot of growing up lately.  I can see her turning into a little toddler instead of a baby now.  We got rid of her binki this past week.  Just threw them in the garbage and gave her a treat.  She has had a hard time sleeping and the first day wanted them all day.  She says, "blankie, binki are?"  Asking me where they are.  We tell her binki is in the garbage and get her blanky.  She is doing well and I am so happy to stop looking all over for those crazy things.

She is starting to talk so well!  I am amazed at the sentences she is putting together.  Some of my favorite things she says are, "Coming Mommy!"  or "ok mommy."  I love it. 

She slept in our bed from November until the beginning of this summer when Dustin finally put his foot down.  Crazy we let her sleep with us this long.  Anyway we didn't get too tough - we just make her a bed on our floor every night next to me and she sleeps pretty good.  It's crazy how desperate we get after 3 kids just to get a good nights sleep. 

She licks and drinks everything!  She has had the runs a couple times this summer and I swear it is from drinking the water from the sandbox.  It makes me cringe when I see her do that.

She is a daddy's girl just as much as a mommy's girl.  She sure loves her daddy and runs with arms open when he comes home.  Of course he eats it up.

She loves nursery now too.  Thank goodness!


We are so blessed to have these 3 pretty girls.  They are such a joy.  I am grateful I get to stay home and be their mommy and be a part of their lives every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment