Thursday, July 5, 2012

Family Get-Away Day 1

For the last few weeks life seems to be running in fast forward.  Everything has been so fast paced, everybody needs our time and it was causing me stress.  So last Wednesday night I told Dustin we needed ot leave town.  We agreed that we would call all 10,000 people that we had been communicating with and tell them.. it will have to wait.  After swimming lessons on Friday we headed out of town.  I can't even tell you how good it felt to get out of service and power my phone off.   It also felt good to arrive in Challis and get a good laugh at this truck with cups on his windshield wipers.  It reminded me of my incident with the socks and my wipers.

We went to the Salmon River where Dustin's family owns a lot and stayed in his brother's camp trailer with full utility hook ups and unwound ourselves.  We remembered our priorities and I have been thinking in my head about the talk by Boyd K Packer in the recent conference who said, "Family time is sacred time.  It must be protected and respected."

Saturday morning we got up and headed to Bayhorse where we took our little rubber raft and paddled around which was slightly insane with the smaller girls. :)  The lake was beautiful!  Dustin got some fishing in, we had a picnic and the girls and I got to ride the 8 mile trail out of Bayhorse on the four wheeler.  It was such a great time! 

















Molly got a little tired.  I assume she was crying for her binki.  That is pretty much the only time she cried unless she got hurt.


These are a few pictures Ella and I took on the way out of some of the beautiful things we saw on the trail out of Bayhorse. 







Saturday night the neighbors had some big fire works then set off.  It was a pretty good 20 minute show.  We were impressed and entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment