Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Hives

Ella woke up this morning complaining that she was itchy.  She said, "My whole body itches, even my bum!  I don't have chicken pox, I don't have hives, I don't have mosquito bites.  I don't know why I am itching!"  She cracks me up.  So I had her come show me and sure enough she was getting hives all over her back chest and arms.

I am really not sure what causes her to get hives.  This is the second time with a reaction this bad.  She got a little orange drink at the grocery store yesterday which she drank about 10:30pm last night and she ate raspberries at grandma and grandpa Braithwaites before that.  We had dinner at 6 so I highly doubt it was anything from dinner reacting that late.  ?? Who knows.

We started Benadryl and showered her and put her in some cool silky shorts.  She chose not to wear a shirt all day and just wrapped up in a blanket.  I didn't blame her.  She looked extremely itchy!

Here are pictures of what she looked like by evening.




Makes me hurt to look at her like that.  We are hoping the best for morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment