Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines Day!

 I LOVE VALENTINES DAY!  I love decorating with pink and red, making yummy treats and homemade valentines.  I guess I figure it's more fun and I'm only going to have about 5 years to actually make homemade valentines with each kid so why would I do anything but homemade?  Ella loves it too so that's what we do.   Every Valentines day I have put paper hearts all over Ella/Alissa's room but this year I decided to do them all over the house instead.  They thought it was pretty cool.

Here is Ella working hard on her Valentines.  She had to make 26 - one for each kid in her class, her teacher and student teacher.


Alissa even had fun trying to help.


We cut out some hearts and she wrote everybody's names on them and we punched a hole for a Valentine pencil to go through.



After school we peeled our broken crayons and made some new heart ones.


I gave the girls a balloon tied to a small bag of candy and bubbles.  The little girls fell asleep when we went to get the balloons and Ella was at school so they didn't even know I had picked them up.  So I hid them and made them find them in the house.  Molly found hers in her closet.

Ella's was in the bath tub! 


And Alissa had just woke up so she wouldn't look at me with her balloon, but she found hers in her room.  She loved the bubbles because they were Mickey and Minnie. 


Ella spread out her loot from school.



We tried to do a heart hairstyle for school, but I don't know that you could really tell they were hearts.


This is what Molly looks like CONSTANTLY when there is candy around.  She says, "I need help!"


Grandma Debbie showed up with a Valentine bag for each of the girls from her and grandpa.  They are always so happy to see my mom.  She spoiled them again with some jewelry, lip gloss, and an outfit.

When daddy got home he brought the older girls a single red rose because he says that means love and he brought Molly a heart balloon that says I love you with a bag full of suckers.  The girls were overjoyed!  And so was daddy at their reactions.




He brought me a bouquet of flowers and a sappy card.  Just the way I like it.

Then we led him into his room where we had balloons all over and they were tied to something he likes such as jerkey, pringles, lemon lime gatorade, etc.


I'm pretty sure the girls were way more excited about it than he was, but he played along. :)


I am so blessed to have these Valentines in my life.  They are so great and I love them each so much! 




No comments:

Post a Comment