Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Birthday to me!

February 8th I turned 29 years old.  I have NEVER had a birthday quite like this one for the fact that I had birthday wishes all week from so many people.  I have never felt so loved!  It started Tuesday when one of my great friends Farrah Hansen invited me to Chili's to share our favorite chips and salsa and even some of their famous chocolate dessert.  She is so great to take us out.  It really meant a lot to me.
Dustin stayed home on Tuesday to hang out with me so he got to dine with us and Farrah's husband Mike met us as well.  It was fun to have Dustin home.  He's my favorite!

I've been trying to eat so good this past month and even lost 11 pounds in January, but I totally blew it for the whole birthday week.  I guess that's why I probably look so happy next to that chocolate cake.  Wait a minute... I always look that happy next to hot chocolate cake.


Tuesday night I finished up my photography classes that Dustin gave me for Christmas.  Hopefully my photography starts improving now.  That was one of my favorite gifts ever!

Shortly after waking up on Wednesday Ella excitedly remembered she and her sisters had made me a card the night before.  It was sweet!

She got off on the bus by 7:30 and as I was getting Molly and Alissa dressed I hear a quick knock on my door to find my little brother with a vase of flowers!  What a thoughtful guy and such a sweet surprise!  My day could have ended there.  I felt so spoiled.


But it just got better.  I got to go to moms and we did each other's hair color which explains the small brown spots on my forehead.  :)  Don't look too close.  If only I can age backwards like my mom life will be good.

Then we met up with all my siblings at Sizzler.  How fun!!

I got a call from Dad who was meeting with Governor Otter in Boise for something to do with Scouts and he said he may have stayed home if he knew we were going to Sizzler. :)  He sent us this picture to prove he was really there.  Love my dad!


My mother in law came over and visited for a few minutes and brought me a yummy strawberry cheesecake and card and one of my favorite girls from the ward Megan Miller brought me a plate of super yummy butterscotch rice krispy treats!
Later that evening my mom watched the girls for me while Dustin took me out to the Olive Garden which is pretty much my favorite place to eat besides it costs a lot of money.  It was so nice to go out with him.  Did I mention he is my favorite? 

We got home and had my siblings, parents and grandparents over for some yummy dessert that mom made.  To my surprise there was a bag of homemade cookies left on the step from one of my visiting teachers.  I had so many sweet comments left on Facebook, text and email.  It was super!


Molly & Kourtney


Ella & Kailey


Alissa & Kaitlynn



Thursday I got spoiled with some Bath & Body Works lotion from the RS in the ward and my other visiting teacher brought balloons and a bag of treats!

Dustin's gift to me was to watch the girls for the weekend while I went to Utah with my mom and sister.  It was a priceless gift.  I will blog about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment