Thursday, October 27, 2011

Carving Pumpkins

This was our best year yet for carving pumpkins.  We actually bought a .99 carving kit and it was worth it!  They make it a lot easier than cutting with one of our kitchen knives. 

Molly watched contently while eating chicken nuggets.

Alissa enjoyed the new experience of squishing the insides of a pumpkin and was most pleased with the outcome of her flower carved pumpkin.  Especially as it glowed with the candle inside.


Ella as super nervous about sticking her hand in the pumpkin and starting flinging seeds because she was grossed out.  I talked her into thinking it was cool though.  Then she had a great time!  She has a cat pumpkin with her name carved.

Dustin picked one of the most odd shaped pumpkins and made it look like an alien.  I think he did a pretty good job.  He made me scrape out the insides though.   Wimp  :)


I love my little family so much!  I have waited my whole life to make memories like this - to be able to sit up to my kitchen table, in my own home and carve pumpkins with my cute little kids and husband. 

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment